By turns lyrical and hilarious, Voices Clear and True showcases eight exciting works from a new generation of Singapore playwrights marked by their intellectual rigour, emotional honesty, and refined technique. Published as part of Checkpoint Theatre’s 10th anniversary celebrations, the volume serves as both a record of powerful new work and as a valuable resource for students and makers of theatre everywhere. All the plays were written under the mentorship of Huzir Sulaiman and have been produced by Singapore theatre companies.
Edited by Huzir Sulaiman, Lucas Ho, and Laremy Lee, with an introduction by Huzir Sulaiman.
- The Artist Who by Lucas Ho
- wo(men) by Faith Ng
- A Malay Romance by Christine Chong
- Staying Over by Dan Koh
- Bus Driver Bring Me to Die by Kenneth Chong
- Radio Silence by Laremy Lee
- The Good, the Bad and the Sholay by Shiv Tandan
- Framed by Cheryl Lee