Robust and diverse, these six vital original Singapore plays address themes of family in all its complexity and diversity. They examine with care, intelligence, and honesty the joys and pains of family: the papered-over cracks of a twenty-year marriage; the enduring ties between a parent and a child; the forging of bonds between those not bound by blood. This anthology of acclaimed plays includes Oon Shu An’s #UnicornMoment, Luke Somasundram’s The Untitled Funeral Play, and Recalling Mother by Claire Wong and Noorlinah Mohamed.
Edited and introduced by Lucas Ho.
- The Untitled Funeral Play by Luke Vijay Somasundram
- For Better or for Worse by Faith Ng
- Maggie and Milly and Molly and May by Leonard Augustine Choo
- #UnicornMoment by Oon Shu An
- Family Outing by Joel Tan
- Recalling Mother by Claire Wong and Noorlinah Mohamed