Your privacy is important to Checkpoint Theatre. We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have given us. Hence, we take extra care to safeguard and not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so.
Should you have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or +65 6345 8967.
1. Introduction to PDPA
1.1. “Personal Data” is defined under PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
1.2. We will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA directly from you. We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services for you. The types of information we gather include:
2.1. Information given by you: we receive and store information you provide us when you interact with us.
- 2.1.1. Submitting an enquiry on our Contact page
- 2.1.2. Purchasing publication(s) from us
- 2.1.3. Subscribing to our mailing list
- 2.1.4. Making a donation
2.2. Automatic information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use Checkpoint Theatre’s sites, including information about how you’ve used the site and what services you have engaged with. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your device accesses our website or other content served on our behalf on other websites to personalise your experience.
3. Why do we collect this information, and what do we do with it?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Checkpoint Theatre’s Services. These purposes include:
- Communicating with you on your enquiries
- Purchase and delivery of products (e.g. processing payments and communicating with you about your orders, or for administrative or operational purposes relating to our product or service).
- Advertising. We use your personal data to send you marketing, advertising and promotional information and materials relating to our events, productions, and publications, or any services which you may find interesting.
- Managing administrative matters on your ticket purchases & donations.
- Managing your subscription and/or processing your sign ups/registrations for workshops, events, activities, mailing lists, etc.
- To display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
- To comply with legal obligations as required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations. Should you require more information, kindly refer to the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA which is publicly available at http://statutes.agc.gov.sg
4. Accessing & amending your personal Information
You may review and amend your Personal Data, or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting out of our mailing lists via our electronic direct mailers.
We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your Personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant Personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
6. Contact Us
All other questions on our use of your Personal Data should be sent to email@example.com.