POSITION – MANAGER (FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION)
Checkpoint Theatre is looking to hire a Manager for our finances and administration.
We want a person who has integrity and initiative, enjoys working independently and is also a good team player.
Flexible part-time working arrangements. Older candidates are welcome to apply.
ABOUT CHECKPOINT THEATRE
Established in 2002, Checkpoint Theatre Ltd is a not-for-profit company that is supported by the National Arts Council under the Major Company Scheme and is a registered charity with Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status.
We are a company of multi-disciplinary storytellers who focus on creating and presenting original Singapore content across different media, disciplines and platforms. We create, produce and market live theatrical productions, online audio and video work, and books, comics and graphic novels. Our team mentors and trains creative talents, and we run arts education programmes for schools and professional creative workshops for the public.
Checkpoint Theatre turns 20 this year. We are looking to hire a senior management professional who will report to and work closely with the Joint Artistic Directors, to support and manage the team and take the company through our 20th Anniversary Season and beyond. We have an office team of between 11 to 15 members and we hire numerous and diverse freelance practitioners and external contractors to fill over a 100 roles for our various programmes and productions.
Finance, funding & compliance
- Managing and coordinating the annual audit process and other ad-hoc audits, supervising the preparation and submission of financial statements and reports in compliance with applicable accounting and reporting standards and requirements
- Managing, coordinating and preparing financial and programme statements, projections and reports, corporate governance checklists and other reports as are required from time to time by internal and external parties (including our stakeholders and various agencies), and ensuring that reporting timelines and submission deadlines are met
- Supervising the Company’s bookkeeping, accounts management, financial records, receivables and payables, and ensuring that all income is collected and all debts are paid in a timely manner and accurately coded and recorded
- Preparing the annual budget and project budgets, monitoring spending against allocated budgets, and analysing and reporting on project accounts
- Managing applications and submissions for grants, sponsorships, support and subsidies, fundraising activities and donor programmes; ensuring that all funding is properly recorded, acknowledged, accounted for and reported
- Managing relationships with government agencies, public and private organisations, foundations and individuals from whom the company receives grants, sponsorships, subsidies and donations
- Other finance, funding and administrative functions as reasonably directed by the Joint Artistic Directors and Producers
Administration & operations
- Managing and coordinating the company’s projects and teams
- Managing and supervising contract negotiation, documentation and administration
- Managing payrolls, staff claims, benefits and welfare
- Strengthening, developing and implementing, and ensuring compliance with systems, processes, internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure good governance and sound financial management practices consistent with applicable standards, rules and regulations
- Strengthening, developing and implementing, and ensuring compliance with, operational and administrative best practices, office, HR, asset management, data protection and workplace policies
- Managing, developing and implementing the use of up to date finance, funding, admin and operational tools, facilities and equipment, including IT hardware, software and other digital programmes and online subscription services (such as NAS, Xero, Approval Max, Justlogin)
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
- Experienced senior management professional skilled in project and accounts management and financial analysis and budgeting
- Experience complying with financial, statutory and other reporting standards and filing requirements and deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement and supervise financial, operational and workplace systems and procedures which allow an organisation to operate effectively, productively and with integrity
- Meticulous with an aptitude for numbers and detail
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work independently while also being a team player
- Ability to focus and work under pressure, establish priorities and juggle numerous assignments at one time
- Adaptable and able to learn and introduce new workplace digital skills and tools – experience with Xero, JustLogin and/or other cloud-based software would be helpful
- Experience with grant and report writing, applications and reporting would be helpful
- Experience in working in a small to medium-sized non-profit organisation would be helpful
- Interest in or an appreciation of the arts would be helpful
Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Flexible part-time working arrangements
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW
To apply please submit your CV and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of CVs is 12pm, Thursday 17 February 2022. We will contact shortlisted applicants to be interviewed.