POSITION – PART-TIME FINANCE EXECUTIVE
Checkpoint Theatre is looking to hire a part-time Finance Executive.
We want a person who has integrity and initiative, enjoys working independently and is also a good team player.
Flexible part-time working arrangements. Older candidates are welcome to apply.
ABOUT CHECKPOINT THEATRE
Established in 2002, Checkpoint Theatre Ltd is a not-for-profit company that is supported by the National Arts Council under the Major Company Scheme and is a registered charity with Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status.
We are a company of multi-disciplinary storytellers who focus on creating and presenting original Singapore content across different media, disciplines and platforms. We create, produce and market live theatrical productions, online audio and video work, and books, comics and graphic novels. Our team mentors and trains creative talents, and we run arts education programmes for schools and professional creative workshops for the public.
We are looking for a part-time finance executive with integrity and initiative, who enjoys working independently, and is also a good team player. They will be working with our Senior Finance & Development Manager to support the team in financial and administrative manners. We have an office team of between 11 to 15 members and we hire numerous and diverse freelance practitioners and external contractors to fill over a hundred roles for our various programmes and productions.
Xero – Accounting software
- Book-keeping on day-to-day basis
- Reconcile bank on daily basis
- Set up Contacts
- Attach supporting documents to transactions
- Prepare and process sales invoices relating to Books Sales after each production
- Update and reconcile orders from HITPAY whenever an order comes in
- Update repeating vendor invoices in XERO
- Process payroll on monthly basis
- Update changes in employees and their remuneration
ApprovalMax – Approval software
- Set up vendors’ bills for approval and also be part of the approval process
- Set up workflows and amend them when required
- Prepare and process sales invoices relating to Book Sales after each production
- Set up vendor payments in Bank on weekly basis
- Set up payroll file on monthly basis
- Set up vendor templates
- Arrange weekly payments
DMS-Lite – Donor Management System – IRAS
- Create new donors
- Update donations received for which TDRs need to be issued on weekly basis
- Liaise with staff to obtain Donor details and pertinent information to record in the system
- Issue the Standard Receipt Template from DMS after a donation record has been created
- Notify the Executive of Engagement to review the TDR (follow the workflow recorded below under Prepare Tax Deductible Receipt)
- Send acknowledgements to donors via email
- Donations – Update the Master Donation Worksheet whenever donations are received
- Accounting – Update accounting schedules on monthly basis
Cultural Matching Fund
- Prepare workings for CMF submission – once a year, in March/April
- Assist in providing information to auditors
- Liaise with auditors to set up meetings, audit timings, follow-ups
- Custodian for Petty Cash – Office and Sales
- Front of House (FOH) – at the time of production to support team (non-office hours) – voluntary
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
- Working knowledge in book-keeping and accounting
- Having experience using accounting software e.g. Xero, Quickbooks, Tally, MYOB etc.
- Education: Finance, Accounting
- Microsoft / Google software – mainly Word and Excel or related
- Competencies: Analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, work independently, maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Good command of English. Knowledge of other local languages will also be welcomed
Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree
Years of Experience
Flexible part-time working arrangements
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW
To apply please submit your CV and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of CVs is 12pm, Monday 31 July 2023. We will contact shortlisted applicants to be interviewed.