Terms & Conditions
By placing a bid in Checkpoint Celebrates! 2019 (CC) Live or Silent Auction organized by Checkpoint Theatre (CT), the bidder agrees to the following auction rules:
- The live auction will run during CC on Thursday 14th November 2019.
- The silent online auction will end at approximately 10pm, Thursday 14th November 2019. The end of the silent auction will be announced at CC.
- By placing a bid on an item, you agree to purchase the item at your bid price if you are chosen as the winner.
- CT will make all final decisions regarding item winners. The highest valid bid at the close of the auction will be deemed the winner. Each winner is deemed to have entered into a binding agreement to purchase the item. CT reserves the right to approach underbidders for purchase of the item.
- Winners of the live auction will be announced at CC. Winners of the silent auction will be notified via the bidding platform. All winners must make payment for items upon collection or delivery of items or at the latest by Thursday 21 November 2019.
- You may place multiple bids for the same item but only your highest bid will be considered. If there is more than one winning bid, of the same amount for an item, the earliest bidder (based on the date and time recorded on the official submission) will be contacted.
- If incorrect contact details are entered into official bidding forms and CT is unable to contact you, your bid will be disqualified. We understand that errors may occur in the bidding process. If that should happen, please contact CT immediately if you wish to withdraw your bid. In such a case, CT has absolute discretion whether or not to agree to your withdrawal.
- All sales are final and all items are sold “as is”. There will be no exchanges or refunds. CT has strived to describe and catalogue the items as accurately as possible. However, CT is not responsible or liable for any discrepancy in the descriptions, genuineness, provenance, value or condition of the items nor for any risks or hazards related to the items.
- The value of an auction item is based on an estimate of fair market value as decided by the donor or a third party supplier. Such value is final. Items have not been appraised unless so noted.
- All items have been donated kindly by our generous sponsors or a third party supplier and as such any respective terms and conditions stipulated by the item sponsor or supplier will apply.
- Any auction item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to CT.
- Should the unlikely need arise, CT has the right to cancel the auction, change the list of auction items and/or amend these terms without notice.
- CT is a non-profit company and a registered charity with Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status. All proceeds from the auction will be used to support our creation of theatre with honesty and humour, head and heart.
- All personal data collected, including NRIC/FIN numbers, is for the sole purpose of issuing tax deduction receipts on donations to Checkpoint Theatre.